Tuition is available from experienced tutors in:
- Scottish pipe band drumming
- Highland and Irish dancing
- No musical experience required
We charge no Tuition fees, however there are small annual and weekly fees to cover costs of venue hire
See Membership and fee information
Where and When?
Wednesday Evenings ACT School terms
Dancing from 5:30
Drums and Pipes 6.30pm
Band from 7.30pm
Venue: Church Hall on the corner next to the Canberra Irish Club in Weston
- A syllabus will be created and/or updated for piping and drumming.
- Each learner will be assigned one tutor who will provide minimum 10-15 minutes one to one tutoring per evening. Group work will also be available. Other arrangements will be made prior to band practice if a tutor cannot attend. Learners must inform the tutor, Pipe Major or Drum Sergeant if not attending.
- Lessons for learners will be conducted between 6:00 & 7:30.
- Tutors will be appointed by the Pipe Major and Drum Sergeant
- Each learner will bring an exercise book to be signed by the tutor.
- Learners will be expected to practice and attend 80% of all band practices each term.
- Each learner (or parents) will be advised of progress at the end of each term.
- From this term, learners will pay hall fees upfront for the full term - $30 youth, $40 adult
- Sticks, pads and practice chanters will be available for purchase (at no profit to the band) from the Pipe Major and Drum Sergeant
- Pipe Major, Drum Sergeant and Drum Major will assess each learner for ability to turn out with the band in uniform. This will be based on attendance, commitment to practice and skill.
- Pipe Major and Drum Sergeant will assess each players ability to turn out for competition.
- Standards will be advised in relation to piping and drumming before the assessment of learners. Generally this will be 4/4 & 3/4 sets.
- All learners should be aged 10 or over. Children under 10 may be assessed for learning but Pipe Band Dance school students will take preference.
- A child protection policy will be in place.
The Band is using an App as link for routine communications rather than this website - go to your APP store - search for TeamApp and install - then search for CCPBand - apply to join - select which teams you want to join - can also access TEAMAPP via website; there is closed Band Facebook page where also posted activities and more general information - ask for invite
What is on soon......
Band Practice Last practice for 2018 5th December: Wednesday nights from 5.00pm for learners / dancers; Band 6.30 pm;Church of Christ, Weston during ACT school term dates
National Multicultural Festival parade Provisional Saturday February 16th Children's March
Arrive 3.15pm Tune up Glebe PArk; Line up 3.30 pm - 4pm - Parade starts - 14th in order
National Multicultural Festival Provisional: Sat 16th & Sun 17th February Stage 2
Band and ALL Dancers at Time: 12 noon
Location: Stage 2, (Bunda - David Jones) - Pipers tune behind stage @ 11.15am
Brigadoon - Saturday 6th April 2019 - March 9:00am
42nd Anniversary - The Street March will start in Erith Street, assembling at Peterson’s Garage (approximately 300m up from the Bundanoon Hotel) at 9.00am. We are ?th so need to be ready & forming up by 8:40am tuned - Pipers aim 8.15am ; Oval performance ? pm ; Massed bands full rehearsal at 3.00pm will assemble on the western side of the oval by 3.40pm formed
Maybe Committee Meeting 12 noon prior to warmup
The New Kilted Van is rolling
Our Band Facebook Page
There is also a unlisted private Band Facebook page - please ask for invite to access
The Piobaireachd Society
Become a member to access downloads
Try Our Haggis Recipe
Exact proportions up to the cook - if in doubt add more Drambuie to recipe or your glass
Band practice is 98.7dB; recommended to reduce exposure to below 85dB - wear your hearing protectors!
The College of Piping
Monthly Radio show Podcast
Irish anthem played by the Army Band of Amhrán na bhFiann
Please use Youtube link https://youtu.be/e6JtBbgYMwY or access from Bands Facebook page or dropbox - the exercises are in pdf link - please ask if unable to access