To perform and promote the art of Celtic Pipe Band Music and Dancing at the highest possible level.
To be recognised by our local and the Australian Pipe Band community as a professional, innovative and progressive Celtic pipe band.
Strategies - We will achieve our objective through:
- teaching bagpipe, drumming and dancing at no cost;
- attend competitions dancers and players)
- creating development opportunities for players and dancers;
- performing community concerts;
- promoting the Canberra Celtic Pipe Band on an individual basis whenever possible.
Our Values - We will at all times:
- recognise that the Canberra Celtic Pipe Band is a team and team effort is required;
- put the needs of the team before individual needs whenever possible;
- value other team members for their individual contribution to the band;
- consider that membership of the Canberra Celtic Pipe Band is an honour to be valued;
- always strive for the highest possible standards and professionalism, particularly at competition;
- be totally committed to practice and instrument maintenance for the return of fun and rewards;
- abide by the rules of the band to ensure our conduct at practice and in public is professional and above reproach;
- give full support to all band practices, performances and general meetings;
- offer our skills and assistance to other members whenever possible;
- acknowledge the support and contribution of our sponsors and management team;
- enjoy everything we do together
Request copy from Secretary
The Band is using an App as link for routine communications rather than this website - go to your APP store - search for TeamApp and install - then search for CCPBand - apply to join - select which teams you want to join - can access via website
What is on soon......
- next Band practice Wednesday Feb 28th 2018 @ 6pm, 18 from 5.00pm for learners / dancers;
Brigadoon - Saturday 7th April 2018 - March Earlier time 9:00am
41st Anniversary - The Street March will start in Erith Street, assembling at Peterson’s Garage (approximately 300m up from the Bundanoon Hotel) at 9.00am. We are 6th so need to be ready & forming up by 8:40am tuned - Pipers aim 8.15am ; Oval performance 1.50pm ; Massed bands full rehearsal at 3.00pm will assemble on the western side of the oval by 3.40pm formed
Maybe Committee Meeting 12 noon prior to warmup
White Sands – Easter Saturday 31 March 2018 – Huskisson
Parade starts off again at 10.30 am sharp as in previous – long shirts- from the same start point as before at White Sands Park.Try to arrive 10.00am for tuning. After the parade we will do the massed bands in the same spot in the Oval – after dignitaries ; check times - last year Canberra – 1.00 pm – 1.15 pm, No Massed Bands in the evening
Blessing of the Fleet – Ulladulla Easter Sunday: April 1
Street Parade starts at 11.30 am from the same spot in Crescent St - so if can all be there 11.00 am or before would be good.The Tattoo then at 2.00 pm on the Bitumen Flat as before.
ANZAC Day - April 25 – Tuesday - Yass - 10:45 Parade .
Long Sleeve Shirts- tune up 10.00am
Canberra Celtic Dancing Competition
September 9th 2018
Canberra Pipers Club Workshop & Recital 10th annual 2018
4pmFriday 22nd 4pm to 4pm Sunday ?th September – University of Canberra; recital Saturday night
The New Kilted Van is rolling
Our Band Facebook Page
There is also a unlisted private Band Facebook page - please ask for invite to access
The Piobaireachd Society
Become a member to access downloads
Try Our Haggis Recipe
Exact proportions up to the cook - if in doubt add more Drambuie to recipe or your glass
Band practice is 98.7dB; recommended to reduce exposure to below 85dB - wear your hearing protectors!
The College of Piping
Monthly Radio show Podcast
Irish anthem played by the Army Band of Amhrán na bhFiann
Please use Youtube link https://youtu.be/e6JtBbgYMwY or access from Bands Facebook page or dropbox - the exercises are in pdf link - please ask if unable to access