To perform and promote the art of Celtic Pipe Band Music and Dancing at the highest possible level.
To be recognised by our local and the Australian Pipe Band community as a professional, innovative and progressive Celtic pipe band.
Strategies - We will achieve our objective through:
- teaching bagpipe, drumming and dancing at no cost;
- attend competitions dancers and players)
- creating development opportunities for players and dancers;
- performing community concerts;
- promoting the Canberra Celtic Pipe Band on an individual basis whenever possible.
Our Values - We will at all times:
- recognise that the Canberra Celtic Pipe Band is a team and team effort is required;
- put the needs of the team before individual needs whenever possible;
- value other team members for their individual contribution to the band;
- consider that membership of the Canberra Celtic Pipe Band is an honour to be valued;
- always strive for the highest possible standards and professionalism, particularly at competition;
- be totally committed to practice and instrument maintenance for the return of fun and rewards;
- abide by the rules of the band to ensure our conduct at practice and in public is professional and above reproach;
- give full support to all band practices, performances and general meetings;
- offer our skills and assistance to other members whenever possible;
- acknowledge the support and contribution of our sponsors and management team;
- enjoy everything we do together
Request copy from Secretary
The Band is using an App as link for routine communications rather than this website - go to your APP store - search for TeamApp and install - then search for CCPBand - apply to join - select which teams you want to join - can also access TEAMAPP via website; there is closed Band Facebook page where also posted activities and more general information - ask for invite
What is on soon......
Band Practice restart this week 13th February 2019: Wednesday nights from 5.00pm for learners / dancers; Band 6.30 pm;Church of Christ, Weston - practices match ACT school term dates if website not updated
ANZAC Day - April 25 – Tuesday - Yass - 10:30 Parade .
Long Sleeve Shirts- tune up 09:45am
Brigadoon - Saturday 6th April 2019 - March 9:00am
42nd Anniversary - The Street March will start in Erith Street, assembling at Peterson’s Garage (approximately 300m up from the Bundanoon Hotel) at 9.00am. We are ?th so need to be ready & forming up by 8:40am tuned - Pipers aim 8.15am ; Oval performance ? pm ; Massed bands full rehearsal at 3.00pm will assemble on the western side of the oval by 3.40pm formed
Maybe Committee Meeting 12 noon prior to warmup
The New Kilted Van is rolling
Our Band Facebook Page
There is also a unlisted private Band Facebook page - please ask for invite to access
The Piobaireachd Society
Become a member to access downloads
Try Our Haggis Recipe
Exact proportions up to the cook - if in doubt add more Drambuie to recipe or your glass
Band practice is 98.7dB; recommended to reduce exposure to below 85dB - wear your hearing protectors!
The College of Piping
Monthly Radio show Podcast
Irish anthem played by the Army Band of Amhrán na bhFiann
Please use Youtube link https://youtu.be/e6JtBbgYMwY or access from Bands Facebook page or dropbox - the exercises are in pdf link - please ask if unable to access