To perform and promote the art of Celtic Pipe Band Music and Dancing at the highest possible level.
To be recognised by our local and the Australian Pipe Band community as a professional, innovative and progressive Celtic pipe band.
Strategies - We will achieve our objective through:
- teaching bagpipe, drumming and dancing at no cost;
- attend competitions dancers and players)
- creating development opportunities for players and dancers;
- performing community concerts;
- promoting the Canberra Celtic Pipe Band on an individual basis whenever possible.
Our Values - We will at all times:
- recognise that the Canberra Celtic Pipe Band is a team and team effort is required;
- put the needs of the team before individual needs whenever possible;
- value other team members for their individual contribution to the band;
- consider that membership of the Canberra Celtic Pipe Band is an honour to be valued;
- always strive for the highest possible standards and professionalism, particularly at competition;
- be totally committed to practice and instrument maintenance for the return of fun and rewards;
- abide by the rules of the band to ensure our conduct at practice and in public is professional and above reproach;
- give full support to all band practices, performances and general meetings;
- offer our skills and assistance to other members whenever possible;
- acknowledge the support and contribution of our sponsors and management team;
- enjoy everything we do together
Request copy from Secretary
The Band is using an App as link for routine communications rather than this website - go to your APP store - search for TeamApp and install - then search for CCPBand - apply to join - select which teams you want to join - can also access TEAMAPP via website; there is a closed Band Facebook page where also posted activities and more general information - ask for invite
What is on soon......
Band Practice is usually Wednesday nights from 5.30pm for learners / dancers; Band 6.30 pm;Church of Christ, Weston - practices match ACT school term dates - website not updated PLEASE CONTACT TO CONFIRM if you would like to observe or have an interest in learning
Brigadoon - Saturday 4th April 2020 - March 9:00am
The Street March will start in Erith Street, assembling at Peterson’s Garage (approximately 300m up from the Bundanoon Hotel) at 9.00am. We are ?th so need to be ready & forming up by 8:40am tuned - Pipers aim 8.15am ; Oval performance ; Massed bands full rehearsal at 3.00pm will assemble on the western side of the oval by 3.40pm formed
Maybe Committee Meeting 1 pm
ANZAC Day - April 25 – Tuesday - Yass - 10:30 Parade .
Long Sleeve Shirts- tune up 09:45am
Our Band Facebook Page
There is also a unlisted private Band Facebook page - please ask for invite to access
The Piobaireachd Society
Become a member to access downloads
Try Our Haggis Recipe
Exact proportions up to the cook - if in doubt add more Drambuie to recipe or your glass
Band practice is 98.7dB; recommended to reduce exposure to below 85dB - wear your hearing protectors!
Irish anthem played by the Army Band of Amhrán na bhFiann
Please use Youtube link https://youtu.be/e6JtBbgYMwY or access from Bands Facebook page or dropbox - the exercises are in pdf link - please ask if unable to access